New Projects (and some old ones)

One of the reasons I started this blog is so I can remember what yarn and hooks I use for various projects. Of course, I haven’t been mentioning any of this. So now I’m going to put up some of my recent projects and remind myself how I made them.

Pigs

Believe it or not, I made these as a baby shower gift for my friend who is having her first girl (after having three boys)! I wanted her to have something fun and pink in her nursery.

I made the first one and my daughter fell in love, so I had to make another for Kristina. Here are the two pigs together:

I used KristieMN’s pattern and double strands of some baby pink yarn (I don’t remember what). I made the body somewhat bigger than in the pattern.

Bear

I also made a small bear from a pattern I bought from Etsy. I love this pattern as it’s small and versatile and is a great use of scrap yarn.

The one on the left is the one I made. I used Bernat Softee Chunky and an I hook.

Mother’s Day/Teacher Appreciation Flowers

I use Bernat Softee Chunkee for these with an I hook. I really love this yarn and the wonderful colors they make! The patterns are here:

I used this for the colorful flower, but only made three rows. The daffodil is from the LionBrand website.

Owlets

These were so much fun! I used Roman Sock’s pattern, and really used these as a way to experiment with the yarn. On one, I crocheted only in the front loops. Then I made one crocheting in both loops…I wanted to compare and see if they came out the same size (they did). I used Lion Brand Homespun for those, with an I hook. Then I used some super fuzzy white yarn that I bought at JoAnn, and some blue yarn (also bought at JoAnn). I used fun fur on the blue one, just to see what that would look like.

Bear

This bear was also a great project for me to learn on. I used Lion Brand Jiffy yarn. I had made the bear once before, and I thought that the head came out way too small for the body. So this time, I made the head using a K hook. Then I switched to an I hook for the body and arms. I don’t remember what size hook I used for the feet; The bear came out much smaller than the first one I made. I think if I make him again, I might go up to a J hook for the body. It probably could have been slightly larger.

Snake

Here’s my snake again. I actually made up the pattern, and used Homespun yarn with an I hook.

I made another one for a friend using double strands of Red Heart SS camo yarn. I think I used the J hook on that one. I liked how he came out, but gave him away before I could take pics.

That’s it. This is a long post, but it’s a helpful reference for me.

Advertisements
Published in: on May 26, 2008 at 9:30 pm  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://bennancecrochet.wordpress.com/2008/05/26/new-projects-and-some-old-ones/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: