One of the reasons I started this blog is so I can remember what yarn and hooks I use for various projects. Of course, I haven’t been mentioning any of this. So now I’m going to put up some of my recent projects and remind myself how I made them.
Believe it or not, I made these as a baby shower gift for my friend who is having her first girl (after having three boys)! I wanted her to have something fun and pink in her nursery.
I made the first one and my daughter fell in love, so I had to make another for Kristina. Here are the two pigs together:
I used KristieMN’s pattern and double strands of some baby pink yarn (I don’t remember what). I made the body somewhat bigger than in the pattern.
I also made a small bear from a pattern I bought from Etsy. I love this pattern as it’s small and versatile and is a great use of scrap yarn.
The one on the left is the one I made. I used Bernat Softee Chunky and an I hook.
Mother’s Day/Teacher Appreciation Flowers
I use Bernat Softee Chunkee for these with an I hook. I really love this yarn and the wonderful colors they make! The patterns are here:
I used this for the colorful flower, but only made three rows. The daffodil is from the LionBrand website.
These were so much fun! I used Roman Sock’s pattern, and really used these as a way to experiment with the yarn. On one, I crocheted only in the front loops. Then I made one crocheting in both loops…I wanted to compare and see if they came out the same size (they did). I used Lion Brand Homespun for those, with an I hook. Then I used some super fuzzy white yarn that I bought at JoAnn, and some blue yarn (also bought at JoAnn). I used fun fur on the blue one, just to see what that would look like.
This bear was also a great project for me to learn on. I used Lion Brand Jiffy yarn. I had made the bear once before, and I thought that the head came out way too small for the body. So this time, I made the head using a K hook. Then I switched to an I hook for the body and arms. I don’t remember what size hook I used for the feet; The bear came out much smaller than the first one I made. I think if I make him again, I might go up to a J hook for the body. It probably could have been slightly larger.
Here’s my snake again. I actually made up the pattern, and used Homespun yarn with an I hook.
I made another one for a friend using double strands of Red Heart SS camo yarn. I think I used the J hook on that one. I liked how he came out, but gave him away before I could take pics.
That’s it. This is a long post, but it’s a helpful reference for me.